Sometimes, the manual or help file is wrong. For example, a CA cannot transfer orbital adjuster technology to a non-CA ally by scrapping them at his starbase, despite what the manual states on page 19-3.
Sometimes these problems are due to errors, and sometimes due to changes in the game since the documentation was issued (last help file was for version 2.6/7i).
To minimize this problem,
- make sure you have downloaded the latest version of the help file.
- An up-to-date version is incorporated into Stars!wiki at Stars! Player's Guide
This errata is a work in progress. Please contribute and make sure the Stars! Player's Guide does not contain the same errors.
- The Formula for (battle) Movement (Helpfile →Guts →Combat →Movement, Initiative and Firing...)
- Movement = (Ideal_Speed_of_Engine - 4) / 4
- - weight / 70 / 4 / Number_of_Engines
- + ¼ x Number_of_Maneuvering_Jets
- + ½ x Num_Overthrusters