"Sending Files via Netscape (tm)" by Mike Dibb 1997 n/a
Configuring Netscape (tm) for Sending Stars! Files by: Mike Dibb
Ron Hiler wrote:
> > Hi gang, > > Some time ago I'm nearly certain I saw an article on someone's web page > about how to set up the Netscape Navigator mailer to send Stars! files > across the net. > > Anyone know where this may be? > > Thanks, > > Ron > -- > The garbage shute! What a wonderful idea! What an incredible smell > you've discovered!
I don't recall a web site that provides this information, but if you are looking for the method to set up Nav to handle Stars! files to play by e-mail here it is:
1) Under OPTIONS-GENERAL PREFERENCES-HELPER TAB select CREATE NEW TYPE
2) for MIME TYPE input: application
3) for MIME SUBTYPE input: stars
4) in the extension box input all Stars! file extension you will be receiving and sending i.e.
xy,r1,m1,m2,m3,m4,...,m14,m16,m16,x1,x2,x3,...,x15,x16 NOTE: input the h? files too if you will be sending and or receiving thoses too.
5) select what Navigator is to do when it finds one of these files: "save to disk" or "Unknown: prompt user".
6) select Ok and you're ready to go.
To cut down on having to type out all the extensions in one string I divide my stars extensions into four MIME SUBTYPE: application/stars for .hst, .xy, and .r1; application/stars-log for .x?; application/stars-player for .m?; and application/stars-history for .h?
I hope this helps.
Your humble servant, Mike Dibb