First and foremost, Stars! AutoHost is an automatic web based host for the game Stars!. Running since May 1997, it has grown to be much more than that. Hosted by Ron Miller, SAH was built on the ideas and core code of Thomas Tong and his Stars! TurnXChange. Since the start of SAH, Ron has adapted, heavily modified, and improved the PERL cgi code received from Thomas Tong. Including Home World Forum, SAH has grown to become the single best place to find other Stars! players, share ideas and organise games. Other provided services: KN-2050 central computer (downloads), Starbase Epsilon-42 (links to other Stars! sites) and Player Postcards from around the world.
Having a game hosted at SAH is almost as simply as asking Ron and sending him the game files(detailed instructions at SAH).
- Hosting Games on Stars! AutoHost
- Managing Games on Stars! AutoHost
- AutoHost Client
- minefield of current games at SAH
Home World Forum
Powered by FUDForum, Home World Forum(HWF) is the discussion forum of SAH for Stars! players to meet and talk. Each moderated by a variety of players, HWF provides many sub-forums including:
- The usual general discussion and Stars! AutoHost related forums.
- A new game forum for announcing new games and finding players.
- The Academy: a forum for strategy discussion. Here you will find many tips and tricks to help you along.
- The Bar: for general Stars! discussion. Also for finding replacement players and discussing possible game concepts/themes(as opposed to actual game adverts)
- Specific forums for each PRT, FreeStars (Clones), Hosting, the Duelling Club, Ranking and the VML Lounge for games created using StarEd
On request, Ron will also provide private forums for individual games, moderated by the game's host.
KN-2050 Central computer
The downloads section of SAH, it contains contains not only the latest executable files, but also past versions, patches to upgrade those to higher versions and a variety of utility programs to assist playing Stars!.
Since of October 2010 Stars!wiki (this wiki) has been hosted at SAH with the continuing aim of collecting and preserving all things Stars!.
A good friend of Ron's with whom he played Stars! and started AutoHost. Andre Noel created the Host Utility and did the HTML layout for the Stars! AutoHost website.