Utilities/m and x file management
See also Utilities | Index | Downloads | Patches and versions | Related Websites | Technical Information
Game setup | References | Calculators | In-game information processing and sharing | m and x file management | Online Utilities
.m/.x file management
- download ahclient.jar v2.2 180kb
- offsite download at sourceforge
- requires Sun's Java Runtime Environment v1.4 or higher
- homepage: Stars! Autohost Client
- author: jchoyt
- note: v2.2 program incorrectly reports v2.11
The AutoHost Client is a program to automate the interactions with the Stars! AutoHost web site, as well as some other common actions such as making backups of turn files, launching Stars!, and dumping fleet and planet reports.
Stars! Backup for Hosts
- download Micha's Starsbackup Tools (MST), Version 2.1 (michas-stars-archiv-tool.zip, 3241kb zipped)
- based on Micha's original Backup tools (see below) but with a slightly longer how-to explanation and the email-client (which needed a register code) is replaced with a freeware version
- Author: still Micha, with some changes by Altruist
- Announcement: Some Tips for NEW Hosts at HWF (you need to be logged into your Stars! autohost forum account)
- The original: download starsbackup.zip (starsbackup.zip, 4.25MB)
- contains: courier3.exe, dump_p_file.zip, emptyfolders_2400-2500.zip, emptyfolders_2501-2550.zip, Home World Forum- Hosting forum =- Idea for a new utility.url, index.html, rebuild_h_file.zip, starsbackup.box.zip
- Author: Micha
- Announcement: Idea for a new utility at HWF (you need to be logged into your Stars! autohost forum account)
Stars! Backup! consists of dos batch files, a vbs file, an email client & mailbox file, with instructions that enable a host to
- keep backups of all the players' turns
- automate rebuilding a current history file should a player drop out
Once setup you only need to start the email-client from time to time. Everything else happens automatically: downloading the emails with the m-files and saving and sorting them into the proper directory.
Stars Hosting Assistant
(is apparently shareware)
- download starpwr.zip v0.7b 149kb
- author:Chris Klugewicz.
Hosting program for emailing turn files to players. Can also be used from the commandline/.bat file. Help file contains an example for integrating it into the Eudora email client to completely automate turn processing.
Stars! Supremacy Host
- download StarsSupremacyHost.zip 20.4kb
- Source: offsite download at PaulCr's Page
- Author: PaulCr
- release announcement in the Bar at HWF
- Requires Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 or higher
Stars! Supremacy Host is an x file checker that detects some bugs/cheats. Currently checks for 22 or more superlatinum in a slot, prevents use of the 10th space dock for all races and prevents editing starbase design if there are partially completed ones in planet queue. The Dll has been written to allow or disallow each check on user by user basis basis but the test exe for it does not allow you to configure them.
Allows a web server to automate the hosting part of the game. The original perl code for the web hosting services provided by Stars! AutoHost.
- download wc15c.zip v1.5c 607kb
- author:Morten Lassen
Email program for hosts and players to quickly email turn files. Does not support receiving files.
- download dlstarmail.zip v1.3.0 32kb
- requires Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Libraries
- homepage: Pirates Retreat
A utility to help hosts manage the sending of turns to players (both MAPI and SMPT supported), allows for optional attachments, custom messages and alternate email addresses