No Ram Scoop Engines
|Stars! race design concepts|
|PRTs||HE · SS · WM · CA · IS · SD · PP · IT · AR · JOAT|
|LRTs||IFE · TT · ARM · ISB · GR · UR · MA · NRSE · CE · OBRM · NAS · LSP · BET · RS|
|Other||HG · HP · -f · QS · 1WW / OWW · Immunities · Habitability · Economics · Technology · Abbreviations|
Specifically the following engines will be unavailable:
- Radiating Hydro-Ram Scoop
- Sub-Galactic Fuel Scoop
- Trans-Galactic Fuel Scoop
- Trans-Galactic Super Scoop
- Trans-Galactic Mizer Scoop
- Galaxy Scoop
The following engines are unaffected:
- Fuel Mizer (for races with Improved Fuel Efficiency)
- Settler's Delight (for Hyper Expansion races)
- Enigma Pulsar (if obtained from the Mystery Trader)
This trait effectively allows a race to travel safely at Warp 10 earlier in the game, due to the lower technology requirements: Propulsion level 11 for the Interspace-10, compared with Propulsion level 16 for the Trans-Galactic Mizer Scoop. However the Interspace-10 is more expensive to build.
Base cost: -53AP (rounding can increase this to 54AP)
- The Interspace-10 engine will be available.
- Standard ram scoop engines are unavailable.